Wiki New Coder

milena

Best answers
I got last year Medical Billing Certificate at Oakton Community Collage. I'm trying to find a job in medical billing and coding but without previous experience it's very hard. I'm willing to volunteer in office in order to get some experience. I have over ten years experience in healthcare primarely pharmacy department, quality control, and pharmacy tech. as well as BS in Health Care Services. My original goal is to be able to work from home. Could someone help?
Thanks
M.K.

The AAPC offers "project extern" to help you find some extern experience. I'd recommend contacting them to see if they can assist you there.

Secondly, have you tried applying for other office positions, such as the front desk? A lot of people have to start there, then move up as positions become available, a lot of times billing positions are filled within when they have someone who's qualified. That way you get your foot in the door and can prove how much you do know.

Good luck,
Becki

I got last year Medical Billing Certificate at Oakton Community Collage. I'm trying to find a job in medical billing and coding but without previous experience it's very hard. I'm willing to volunteer in office in order to get some experience. I have over ten years experience in healthcare primarely pharmacy department, quality control, and pharmacy tech. as well as BS in Health Care Services. My original goal is to be able to work from home. Could someone help?
Thanks
M.K.