• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

new Flu/H1N1 combined vaccine CPT code

tammielee

Best answers
Is there a cpt code for the new Flu/H1N1 combined injections or will the 90658 code cover it even though it contains the H1N1? And will the ICD-9 V04.81 be the Dx? I have asked 12 people and no one knows the answer everyone is holding their charges till they find out. Help!!!!!!!:confused:

hopepg

Guru
Best answers
You might want to search previous forum posts about this topic...I had to search for the answer this week too & from what I read & how I understand it is this...
The 2010 flu vaccine includes the H1N1 (as well as 2 other strains) so billing the 90658 covers inoculation against H1N1.
V04.81 would still apply.