Wiki New Medicare Services for Obesity Therapy and Screening and Counseling for STIs

dballard2004

True Blue
Best answers
CPC Quality Improvement

Has anyone found what CMS is requiring in regards to specific documentation that is needed for G0447-G0449 ?
Can G0447-G0449 be billed on same date as an E/M visit ?
Thank you
Bella

The only documentation I have found is in the MM7641 in a yellow box it states "Obesity counseling is not separately payable with another encounter/visit on the same day. This does not apply for IPPE claims, claimscontaining mod 59, and 77XXX claims containing Diabetes Self-Management Training and Medical Nutrition Therapy services". I interpret that we cannot bill an office visit with the obesity counseling???

I think the encounter/visit on the same day billed with G0447 only applies to Rural Health Clinics (RHC) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC).

There's currently no CCI edits when billing both (G0447 & EM) in an office setting.

Has anyone received denials for these services ...

I think the encounter/visit on the same day billed with G0447 only applies to Rural Health Clinics (RHC) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC).

There's currently no CCI edits when billing both (G0447 & EM) in an office setting.

... in the physician office setting?:confused: