Wiki New Membership Drive

hinditina

Contributor
Best answers
I am the membership officer, we will be having a seminar in October. I was wondering if anyone has idea for my booth. I am currently creating a collage baord, showing the differ officers, letting them know about the perks if you attend the chapters meeting. I am also giving out small prize for those who sign up. I am not sure what else to do. Anyone if anyone else have an idea, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Have you considered a coding challenge? For example, create a coding scenario(s) and the first person to correctly code the scenario(s) will win a prize.

Last edited:
What about sponsoring a meeting where members can bring a friend/peer to a meeting and encourage them to join? It would be both a fun and informative meeting; we could offer prizes, food, basket raffle...etc...anything to bring people in.

Additional Ideas

What about providing a list of current members who would be willing to mentor new members or help another member learn how to code something new? For example, if one member knows a lot about Mental Health coding and another has a lot of questions about Mental Health...offer a way to match the to up. While the forums are great there are still a lot of "old school" coders...and sometimes face-to-face or on the phone helps a little more.