Wiki new pt in dermatology

rocky46

Best answers
A new pt came to clinic

: many irritated bumps all over body especially on chest . one on the right leg hurts

O. Multiple lesions of molluscum contagiosum, the one on the right leg more infected though all of them are infected. Lesions are mostly on ant chest and neck. Examined with mother and grandparents. lateral chest and neck. Apprehensive youngster

A/P: I sprayed all the lesions on the chest - at least 10 large moluscum sprayed with a cryac unit and a larger one on the right leg.. No lymphadanopathy groin, neck or axillae . Had extensive discussion with family. I explained I wanted to dry he skin to cut down the spead of the M. virusto . Benzoyl peroxide wash 5% b.i.d. Erythromycin suspension 200 mg per teaspoon, 240 cc one teaspoon b.i.d. for secondary infection. Goes to Dr.XX. I wrote to Dr XX
Return 4 weeks I explained that because of the incubation period of the M. virus being up to six months I anticipate more lesions to develop.I did calm down his apprehension and he actually gave "high 5" before I left the room

What is the icd and cpt code for this case.
what E/m code will be used in this case.
Rakesh

Molluscum Contagiosum

A new pt came to clinic

: many irritated bumps all over body especially on chest . one on the right leg hurts

O. Multiple lesions of molluscum contagiosum, the one on the right leg more infected though all of them are infected. Lesions are mostly on ant chest and neck. Examined with mother and grandparents. lateral chest and neck. Apprehensive youngster

A/P: I sprayed all the lesions on the chest - at least 10 large moluscum sprayed with a cryac unit and a larger one on the right leg.. No lymphadanopathy groin, neck or axillae . Had extensive discussion with family. I explained I wanted to dry he skin to cut down the spead of the M. virusto . Benzoyl peroxide wash 5% b.i.d. Erythromycin suspension 200 mg per teaspoon, 240 cc one teaspoon b.i.d. for secondary infection. Goes to Dr.XX. I wrote to Dr XX
Return 4 weeks I explained that because of the incubation period of the M. virus being up to six months I anticipate more lesions to develop.I did calm down his apprehension and he actually gave "high 5" before I left the room

What is the icd and cpt code for this case.
what E/m code will be used in this case.
Rakesh

I would bill E/M 99201 (078.0)as the Medical Decision making is straightforward and problem focused. The CC is documented, as well as, the exam. In addition, as additional services were provided beyond that of the E/M I would also bill for the treatment fo Molluscum CPT 17110 (up to 14 lesions) using ICD-9 078.0 I hope this helps. Carolyn