Wiki NEXTGEN

I use the system and am our NextGen admin. And yes, it is a Windows-based system so it's heavily mouse/click dependent.

There's a lot of directions that can go LOL Can you provide some specific examples? Some changes can be seen in a variety of History tabs, in Balance Control, the Significant Events report, the Clinical History/Notes tab in the Chart...you get my point. What you are able to see will also depend on your permissions in NextGen.

My teams are trained to place encounter notes to document any changes that are made to the charges on an encounter for just this reason. They are not permitted to make changes to the actual billed claim (in Claims Lookup while in an active Encounter) except in 1 or 2 very specific circumstances - and it still has to be backed up with an encounter note. I've instructed them that any note they enter should address (1) what they did (2) why they did it (3) if they talked to someone, that person's name, where they were, the outcome of the conversation, contact number and reference number when applicable. The notes need to tell the story of the claim. No one should come behind them and have to spend hours reconstructing what was done.