• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Not a full heart cath

amym

Best answers
Our physician has turned in charges stating he wants us to bill for a coronary angiogram, aortic root angiogram and a selective right femoral angiogram. Can someone help with the coding without the report?

I am thinking: 93454-26, 93567, + selective rt femoral angio.

Thanks for your help.

dpeoples

True Blue
Best answers
Our physician has turned in charges stating he wants us to bill for a coronary angiogram, aortic root angiogram and a selective right femoral angiogram. Can someone help with the coding without the report?

I am thinking: 93454-26, 93567, + selective rt femoral angio.

Thanks for your help.
I don't mean to sound like a coding snob, but if a report has not been generated, no codes should be billed. If there is a report but you are reluctant or unable to provide it, then I would be reluctant to offer coding advise. I will say the codes you mention are possibly correct if not probably, except the femoral angio which was most likely performed to evaluate the access and is not separately reportable.

HTH :)

Cyndi113

True Blue
Best answers
you don't sound like a snob, Danny. I think that is the prudent approach without a report, LOL. Amy, it's alway easier to post the op report. You will receive a more accurate response if you do.