Wiki Not new healthcare but new to medical billing

tsjohnson725

Best answers
Well, I've been in healthcare for 9 years. I've worked the front desk but have had the opportunity gain a little working knowledge here and there in the billing field. I've recently completed the medical billing course with AAPC but I waiting for a date to complete my certification in my area. Due to COVID those dates are slim to none. I want to start looking for a new job but unsure what to say about or do about the not have the certificate or experience. Any Ideas?

Just be honest and let them know where you are at. Let them know that you are working on getting your certificate, but never bend or stretch the truth. Once someone starts you can EASILY tell if they have the experience that they say that they have--or not! I really hate working with people who say that they have experience, but then you find out that they really stretched the truth. Those people are frowned on. Be honest is your best bet for the long run.

Oh yes! I was never going to lie. I myself can't deal with liars so I wouldn't do that! I just don't want to be overlooked because I don't have the "experience" or my certification just yet. I am more than confident that I will excel in position. I just don't know quite how to get a recruiter or employer to see that through my resume to get the interview.

Last edited: