• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

nst/observation post MVA

Karen A.

Networker
Best answers
Wow, my 2nd consecutive posting today. Its been a busy day! An OB/GYN group I work for recently added an RN to staff. They recently had an OB pt, a few hours s/p MVA call, wanting to make sure her baby was ok. Pt didn't have any signs/symptoms, the MVA was basically a bump, but we will be billing MVA ins. Dr. ordered pt to come in for NST monitoring & labs. Nurse monitored pt for 141 minutets on NST. Baby was fine. I plan to bill NST w/22 modifier, since the average NST is 40 minutes. Drs prog note doesn't allow more than a 99213 billing. I'd love to hear how others bill services like this. I have a feeling I'll be seeing more of this type of RN monitoring come across for billing. I want to make sure I'm capturing all I can. Thank you in advance for any suggestions/comments. I learn so much everytime I read these threads!

brownm

Contributor
Best answers
I have yet to be reimbursed for an NST for MVA. I have always billed with the Ecode for MVA. If you have any luck please let me know what you billed. Thanks.