Wiki office then hospital

sbreaker

Best answers
Hello out there,

How would you code this: Pt seen in the office, and sent to the hospital where they are evaluated by one of the docs in our office. Can the office visit be billed as well as the hospital visit?

Thanks much.

One needs to know what the outcome of the visit to the hospital was. Why were they sent to the hospital. A modifier could be used if the patient was hospitalised after the evaluation. Some more information would help if you want to decide which visit to bill.

if the hospital encounter was a direct result from the ofc visit, then the answer to your question is NO. everything done in the ofc visit is bundled into the hospital encounter
Hello out there,

How would you code this: Pt seen in the office, and sent to the hospital where they are evaluated by one of the docs in our office. Can the office visit be billed as well as the hospital visit?

Thanks much.

:confused: that was my understanding. E/M office followed by hospital admission...only charge 99223?? However:( when I read Medicare's critial care bulltein, made me confused. They said 99291 and the addtional service time does not meet the 99292.. use hospital E/M. Also per artical, E/M office and critical unit can be billed separately?? did I understand INCORRECTLY