Wiki On-table angiogram

lindacoder

Best answers
Not used to doing these so I need help with CPT code for on-table angiogram.

Patient underwent femoral to popliteal bypass with in situ saphenous vein graft. Following that op reads: We then interrogated the pedal vessels for Doppler signals. I had difficulty indentifying good Dopple signals. I elected to perform a completion angiogram. Angiogram was performed through one of the side branches on the vein and showed no technical difficulty with the anastomosis with good flow distally into the foot. Hemostasis was assurred throughout. With hemostasis assured, the wounds were closed in layers with the deep layer of 2-0 Vicryl suture. The skin of the groin was closed with subcuticular 4-0 Monocryl.

Can I charge for the angiogram based on this report?

Thanks

Angiogram after in situ BPG

According to the CPT Section Notes for surgical procedures on arteries and veins, ...establishing both inflow and outflow by whatever procedures necessary is included. Also included is that portion of the operative arteriogram performed by the surgeon, as indicated. Sympathectomy, when done, is included....

If I was billing for the surgeon in this case, I would not bill separately for the angiogram.

Celeste

Last edited: