Wiki Oncology forum

Yes

My company just hired a physician for hematology/oncology and I am currently looking for all the information I can get.

Oncology

I would really appreciate a separate category relating to Hem/Onc. Our facility just acquired a stand-alone practice and it is the first time we've offered this specialty service.

Absolutely.. I work in a Hem/Onc hospital outpatient facility and am fairly new at this. Any information I can absorb would be extremely helpful.

We recently hired a full time oncologist and no one has ever coded this service before so we are kinda lost. I was looking for someone to help me out. The doctor has helped me some what but i am looking on the back end as well as to what we can bill / can't bill. What gets paid/ doesn't get paid. So far he is only seeing like 5-10 patients a day for the last two weeks so i'm not too far behind but would like to catch up asap. Most of them are visit's to recheck their cancer status but some are chemo. If someone could pm me i would really appreciate it. Thanks !!!

Yes I would love to get more information. I always have questions or new situations that come up.

Tami Carpenter
Education Officer
Kachina Coders - Mesa AZ