• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

OON provider submitting lab claims

sugihara

Best answers
We are a billing service, and most of our providers are out-of-network. Labs will not contract with them, nor will they submit claims to insurance companies, rather they bill the provider directly. Can the provider submit claims for labwork done outside the office? I have heard 1) yes, a provider can submit claims for labwork, and 2) no, the patient must submit claims for labwork when the lab does not.

Any guidelines or rules would be greatly appreciated--this has become a "hot topic" among these providers.

~Kelli S.

sugihara

Best answers
I am speaking at a national conference on Friday and was hoping to have some sort of answer (I know this question will come up).

Anybody-?

~Kelli Sugihara