Wiki pay grade for cpc in Texas

henleyre1

New
Best answers
I am looking to move to Huston Texas in the next year or so and was wondering if anyone knows the pay grade for a CPC in Huston Texas I have 3 years of medical coding experince and 10 years in the healthcare field. I make 15.00 / hr in my current position located in MO and was just hoping for some feedback on pay in Texas.

Thanks for your help....Rebekah:)

Hi...I am native to Texas, but have never held a job in Houston. I think coders in Dallas make around $18.00and the pay rate is relatively close between the two cities. My instructor in my certification review class said she took a $7.00 an hour pay cutwhen she moved from Texas to Mississippi(yeah, I'm still a student for two more weeks). I know there are alot of jobs on this website for Houston. I also know it is not a bad place to live, if that helps.
Lisa

You should check out the salary survey that aapc puts out on a yearly basis, its our "fellow" coders combined putting our information out there, so you can get a "range" of what you would make in your particular region. I know the 2007 survey is listed on the website.

Good luck,

Roxanne Thames, CPC

I am looking to move to Huston Texas in the next year or so and was wondering if anyone knows the pay grade for a CPC in Huston Texas I have 3 years of medical coding experince and 10 years in the healthcare field. I make 15.00 / hr in my current position located in MO and was just hoping for some feedback on pay in Texas.

Thanks for your help....Rebekah:)

pay in houston

I currently work in houston, TX- moved from new orleans. The pay here is fantastic. The pay is a lot higher in the houston medical center than surrounding hospitals. You can expect to make at least 35K-55K. I know some physician's office pay at least $17 per hour. I work for a hospital.