Wiki Penetrating Keratoplasty

coder067

Networker
Best answers
I not real familiar with eye procedures and need some help-
After informed consent was obtained, the patient was brought to the operating suite and given the above regional anesthetic. After assuring excellent anesthesia and akinesia, the patient was prepped and draped in usual sterile fashion for intraocular surgery. A lid speculum was placed between the lids of the left eye. Conjunctiva was inspected and it was found that there was relatively loose conjunctiva in the 4 and 10 o'clock meridian. A peritomy was performed. Hemostasis was obtained with bipolar cautery. A Flieringa ring was sutured to the host with five 6-0 Vicryl sutures. The center of the cornea was marked and further marked with a RK marker. The donor corneal button, which has previously been inspected, was prepared with a 9.0-mm Weck trephine on Iowa press. At that point, the Hessburg-Barron vacuum corneal trephine was used to make a 90% thickness corneal trephination. The anterior chamber was entered and donor corneal button was removed with corneoscleral scissors. At that point, the posterior chamber intraocular lens with an artificial iris was brought into the operative field and sutured to the host with two 10-0 nylon sutures in a double-arm fashion passing through just line to limbus at the 4 and 10 o'clock meridian. The knots were tied, trimmed, and rotated into the scleral stroma. The donor corneal button was brought was brought into the operating field and sutured to host with 24 interrupted 10-0 nylon sutures. All the knots were tied, trimmed, and rotated into the corneal stroma. The anterior chamber has been filled various times and at the end, final pressure was achieved and the patient had a nice formed anterior segment. Care was taken to leave the tube shunt behind the IOL so it would damage the corneal endothelium. I'm thinking 65755 and 66984 but I'm not sure.

Thanks