PET Scanning in General Surgeons office

racosta

Contributor
Best answers
I have 8 general surgeons who are looking into purchasing their own PET scanner to perform imaging on breast cancer patients. We would be billing 78811. I can only find Medicare's reimbursement for the professional component and Medicare is telling me that even if we purchase and use our own equipment we will only be reimbursed $75.40 which is the professional component in our area. The vendor who is selling this scanner is telling us that we can be reimbursed over $1100 for the both components. Is anyone familiar with this?

heathermc

Best answers
Pet Scan

After Reveiwing Your Information, It Looks Like Medicare Only Informed You On The Interpreation Amount And Not The Technical Componet. I Work For 5 Surgeons And We Own A Pet Scan In Alabama, According To Our Fee Schedule We Would Be Reimbursed
$879.00. If You Have Any Questions, Please Call Me @ 256-547-6331 And I Would Be Glad To Speak To You About The Pet Scan Process.

Dianette Keener-cpc
Billing Manager

racosta

Contributor
Best answers
I found it strange that Medicare could not give me a reimbursement rate for the facility fee. I will be contacting you for more info. Thanks. :)