Wiki Physical Therapy Coding

sbiegler

Best answers
I work in an ENT/Audio office, and we are opening a balance center to meet the needs of dizzy/vertigo patients. We are employing a PT, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource to go to for PT coding/billing. This is a new adventure for me, and would appreciate any assistance. I've heard that MCR might require different units of time vs. the regular commercial insurances? Also, the new PT had stated that she didn't know any other PT that was being paid to perform an Epley Manuver - this didn't seem right, as I thought they were the only professional that COULD be paid for the 95992. I wasn't sure about it.

Thanks for your help!

Bookmark the APTA website as well as your state's PT association. They can be a great help with PT billing questions. You need to check with your state PT association regarding the 95992. Make sure it is within the scope of your state licensure. PT/OTs are usually restricted to Physical Medicine and Rehab codes 97001-97799.

I billed PT/OT/MT for 13+ years and have been away from it for almost three years. If you need any help, please let me know. If I know the answer, I will help as I am able.