Wiki PLEASE cath help needed

Kisha

Networker
Best answers
patient had a combined right and left cardiac catherization with angiography shows the following findings; stenosis in the left anterior descending artery, left circumflex and distal right coronary artery. The physician performed a three vessel coronary artery bypass graft; the left internal mammary was used to bypass the left anterior descending and a reverse segment of saphenous vein graft was used to bypass the left circumflex, as well as, the distal right coronary arteries.

My codes. 93453, 33535, 33519 PLEASE HELP. confused by bypass artery vein

patient had a combined right and left cardiac catherization with angiography shows the following findings; stenosis in the left anterior descending artery, left circumflex and distal right coronary artery. The physician performed a three vessel coronary artery bypass graft; the left internal mammary was used to bypass the left anterior descending and a reverse segment of saphenous vein graft was used to bypass the left circumflex, as well as, the distal right coronary arteries.

My codes. 93453, 33535, 33519 PLEASE HELP. confused by bypass artery vein
Hi, Kisha. I believe you are looking for 93461 - Rt/Lt Cath w/LV injection (when performed); cath placement(s) in bypass graft(s) (internal mammary, free arterial, venous grafts) with bypass graft angiography. CPT codes 33535 and 33519 are the actual bypass surgical codes - which would be performed by a CV surgeon in an OR setting. Hope this helps!