Please standing radiology center


Best answers
free standing radiology center (owned) has a contractual agreement with a radiologist group to provide services. Radiologist group bills for the professional component of the services.

Is it appropriate to bill the technical component under the radiologist that is performing the service?

For example: Dr. Smith (not employed - is family practice in the area) orders an ultrasound.

Ultrasound is performed in the entity owned free standing radiology center by Dr. Jones (who is employed by the radiology group that we have a contractual agreement with).

Dr. Jones bills professional component. Can we bill technical component under Dr. Jones?
I am not sure if I am completely understanding your question. If you are asking if you can file the ultrasound procedure under Dr. Jones' NPI - the answer is no you must file it under the facilities NPI with a TC modifier. Say the ordering doc orders a breast ultrasound. Patient comes to your facility and the facilities equipment is used to perform the ultrasound and Dr. Jones, under contract, reads the ultrasound and bills using his NPI for the reading he/she would be billing 76645 with a 26 modifier. Being that it is your facility and your equipment you would bill 76645 with a TC modifier under the facilities NPI.
Is that what you are looking for?