Wiki Post circumcision hemorrhage

PICFLORIDA49

Best answers
Please help me determine appropriate CPT(s) for this surgery. Thank you in advance.

a 2-week-old male who underwent a circumcision in a pediatrician's office and had uncontrolled and persistent bleeding. He presented to our office, where epinephrine-soaked gauze sponges were utilized, again without control of bleeding. We have elected to take him to the operating room, where at the time, they understood the risk of persistent bleeding, that it can recur, and that cosmetic revision may be required.

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: Informed consent was obtained. The patient was brought to the operating room, placed in the supine position, prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. Initially, electrocautery was utilized for hemostasis. The incised skin edges were then reapproximated gently with interrupted 5-0 chromic. This was done circumferentially and gave a nice cosmetic appearance. Antibiotic ointment was applied. A dressing was applied subsequently and the patient left for the recovery room in stable condition.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Please help me determine appropriate CPT(s) for this surgery. Thank you in advance.

a 2-week-old male who underwent a circumcision in a pediatrician's office and had uncontrolled and persistent bleeding. He presented to our office, where epinephrine-soaked gauze sponges were utilized, again without control of bleeding. We have elected to take him to the operating room, where at the time, they understood the risk of persistent bleeding, that it can recur, and that cosmetic revision may be required.

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: Informed consent was obtained. The patient was brought to the operating room, placed in the supine position, prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. Initially, electrocautery was utilized for hemostasis. The incised skin edges were then reapproximated gently with interrupted 5-0 chromic. This was done circumferentially and gave a nice cosmetic appearance. Antibiotic ointment was applied. A dressing was applied subsequently and the patient left for the recovery room in stable condition.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

I would use 54163 with diagnosis 998.11.