PQRS Incentive Payment

Billing500

Networker
Best answers
Hi!

I received a payment from Medicare marked "Levy" today for virtually all of our providers. When I called Novitas/Medicare, they only indicated that this payment relates to PQRS and that no other information would be available. When I called the QualityNet Hep Desk, they indicated that a report summarizing this disbursement would become available in late September.

Has anyone else been able to confirm that this mystery payment relates to the 2014 incentive?

Thanks

mhstrauss

True Blue
Best answers
Hi!

I received a payment from Medicare marked "Levy" today for virtually all of our providers. When I called Novitas/Medicare, they only indicated that this payment relates to PQRS and that no other information would be available. When I called the QualityNet Hep Desk, they indicated that a report summarizing this disbursement would become available in late September.

Has anyone else been able to confirm that this mystery payment relates to the 2014 incentive?

Thanks

I have the same question! I was just asked yesterday afternoon to research the Levy "payment" (which from what I can tell, is a negative amount), but so far (at that point I didn't have a copy of the ERA yet), all I've found is this:

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Computer-Data-and-Systems/HIGLAS/Federal_Payment_Levy_Program.html

I now have a copy of the ERA with reference info, so I'll be looking into this more today. Novitas is my MAC also. I'll update here if I come up with any better answers.

mhstrauss

True Blue
Best answers
It does appear as a negative, but that exact amount appears in our bank. Strange eh?
Very strange. But I was able to confirm with Novitas that it is definitely a PQRS Incentive payment. They told me reports with provider breakdown would be mailed out in about 2 weeks.