• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Provider Based Billing Consultations

smwermter

Networker
Best answers
I do the coding for 5 hospital owned family practice clinics. As of November 1st we are starting to code/charge as Provider Based clinics. Which means I will now start to facility code allong with professional. I thought I heard or read somewhere that Medicare was no longer recognizing the consultation 99241-99245 codes on the facility side. Has anyone out there heard that too or am I way off base? I know that I can still code the consults on the professional side but thought on the facilty side it changed to just using the office call level E/M codes 99201-99205 and 99211-99215 when a consultation service is renderred. :confused: Any help or information regarding this is greatly appreciated. :)

smwermter

Networker
Best answers
Thank you! I started to second guess myself and needed some reasurance but I can't seem to find any documentation on it. So, thank you so much for your reply. :)