• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

pulmonary coding

vcorso

Best answers
I have recently started doing some coding for pulmonary..I am trying to find the correct code for my physicain reading a spirometry. I have come up with 94010 with a 26 modifier. I would appreciate some input./Vikki

hewitt

Expert
Best answers
94010 appllies if "A spirometer in a pulmonary lab is used to measure functions of the lungs including the amount of air contained in the lungs, the rate of expiration, and the volume of air a patient respires. The physician interprets the results of the spirometry and a graphic record is obtained." If the equipment is owned by the doctor/practice, you would not apply modifier 26.

vcorso

Best answers
The spirometry is done in the hospital pft lab and it is not owned by the doctor so I am assuming the 26 modifier is correct to use. Thanks