Wiki Question regarding CEU's

Best answers
I am a newly certified CPC-A. My CEU's were prorated and I need 28.5 by the end of January 2013. The question I have is this: Do I need to earn those CEU's from the date of my certification (June 29th) or can I use CEU's from the entire year since I was a member of AAPC since January 2011. Example: Can I use Coding Edge test yourself CEU's from January, Feburary, March, April, May, and June or do I have to start from July and go forward? If anyone knows for sure please reply. Thank you in advance!

Your CEU requirements begin as of the day you became credentialed so nothing prior to that date would be counted.

I became a member in March of 2010 and wasn't certified until September 2010. Since I was a member in March, my CEU's were due in March therefore I would think you can use any CEU's collected beginning from your member date. To be safe, I would contact AAPC as sson as possible to find out. That's what I did.

CEUs only will count once you have become certified. You can use anything from the time you became certified and then forward. Anything prior to certification will not count toward your CEUs.