Wiki queston on amount and/or complexity of data reviewed

jhack

Networker
Best answers
I have a physician's assistant doing the office visit, and documenting as such. There is a comment in the documentation that says "the patient was seen today by the physician assistant. The patient's chart, hpi, current meds, lab values, and pertinent clinical exam were reviewed by Dr. X. The treatment plan was discussed in detail with Dr. X and he was involved in all aspects of this patient's care." My question is, does this qualify for credit in the medical decision making under "review and summarization of old records and/or obtaining history from someone other than patient and/or discussion of case with another health care provider." ????? Since the PA and MD are in the same practice they are considered one provider, so this would not apply, correct?????

No, this statement does nothing for you level of MDM.

This is something they are throwing in to qualify as incident to, or at least that is what it sounds like to me. You have to be careful though, just because they put that statement in there doesn't mean you are qualified to bill under the physician. The guidelines still have to be met.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC