• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Referring from Family Medicine to Vascular Ultrsonography Clinic

Best answers
Referring from Family Medicine to Vascular Ultarsonography Clinic

I need your help please. I have provider currently working with Family Medicine Group, who is opening a practice to preform and do reports for Vascular Ultrasonography Clinic that he is opening. This will be the only Vascular Ultrasonography Clinic in this area. Problem I am concern about is how to get patients from FM to VUC. It is my understanding of the coding rules he cannot self refer? Can he have others in his office refer to him at the VUC? They will be seperate clinics with seperate Tax ID numbers. How do I direct my doctor in the right way to proceed?? Any Help you can give is greatly appreciated. VN

Last edited: