• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Refresher course ??

tionwudiachi

Best answers
I'm a Cpc-a been doing a lot of billing but want to come back to coding what are some suggestions you think I could do to get an overview on how to code again. :confused: i still keept up my credentials an ceus so thats not a problem. I live In Maryland and don't mind taking classes , should I just take cpc prep even thought I passed?

Best answers
How about the Study Guide from the AAPC? I know you said you've already passed the exam but the Study Guide is full of great information and would probably work well as a "refresher course".

I found the Study Guide to be great in preparation for the exam and have referred to it occasionally since becoming a CPC when I wanted to "review" something.

I hope this helps!

Teresa Collins, CPC

akandrew

Networker
Best answers
CPC Review

You might also check to see if your local chapter or a neighboring chapter is offering a CPC review class. We have one coming up in November that is 6 ceus and is $30.00. This class gives coders a chance to earn their ceus and take a refresher class as well. It helps attendees prepare for the exam also.