Wiki removal with 3-0 chromic

jbagsic

Networker
Best answers
PT presented with hymenal skin band. The procedure note was documented "hymenal skin band removed with 3-0 chromic 2% lidocaine." How do I code this?

Partial removal of hymen
$181.27

Incision of hymen
$49.53

Not sure how to code this either, but I just jumped on here real quick. I came up with these codes. You might want to research in this area.

Respectfully
daniel,cpc

56700 - A hymen is a membrane that partially or wholly occludes the vaginal opening. Following local injection of an anesthetic, the physician excises a portion of the hymenal membrane. Using a scalpel or scissors, the physician removes the membrane at its junction with the opening of the vagina. The cut margins of the vaginal mucosa are sutured with fine, absorbable material.

56720 (deleted) 56442 - The physician performs a hymenotomy. A hymen is a membrane that partially or wholly occludes the vaginal opening. Following local injection of an anesthetic, the physician incises the hymenal membrane with a stellate (star-shaped) incision. This procedure is sometimes preceded by aspiration of the intact membrane with a needle and syringe.

The closest is 56700?

Last edited: