Wiki Scope of practice of Mental Health Counselor(LPC)

Rob123

Best answers
The questions all relate to Licensed Professional Counselors(LPC).

1. Is it within the scope of practice for an LPC to bill biofeedback CPT code 90901 or neurofeedback code 97532 I know they can bill 90875 and 90876 for biofeedback and counseling combined, however, I'm interested in knowing specifically about 90901 and 97532.

2. I'm sure it is not within an LPC's scope of practice, but just wanted to confirm whether 99211 is out of an LPC's scope of practice?

Thanks!

Scope of practice is defined in each state by the state's department of public health or professional licensing board - you'd need to look at your particular state's regulations to be able to answer this. As far as 99211 - an LPC is not one of the allowed provider types that can bill evaluation and management services under CMS guidelines.

Scope of practice is defined in each state by the state's department of public health or professional licensing board - you'd need to look at your particular state's regulations to be able to answer this. As far as 99211 - an LPC is not one of the allowed provider types that can bill evaluation and management services under CMS guidelines.

Thank you for the response Thomas, much appreciated.