Wiki Secondary thrombectomy done with femoral plasty

cweavercpc

Networker
Best answers
:mad:Help!

Am I missing the obvious here???

I just got off the phone with Cahaba Medicare regarding a claim in which I billed 37224 (femoral plasty) and 37186 (secondary thrombectomy). Cahaba is telling me that I did not bill it with the correct qualifying procedure code and cant be billed with 37224. I even called back and spoke to someone else only to get the same response. Where can I find what the correct qualifying procedure codes are per Medicare. The representative couldn't find it and I have nothing that I can send in with the appeal.

Any suggestions????

Thanks so much!

:mad:Help!

Am I missing the obvious here???

I just got off the phone with Cahaba Medicare regarding a claim in which I billed 37224 (femoral plasty) and 37186 (secondary thrombectomy). Cahaba is telling me that I did not bill it with the correct qualifying procedure code and cant be billed with 37224. I even called back and spoke to someone else only to get the same response. Where can I find what the correct qualifying procedure codes are per Medicare. The representative couldn't find it and I have nothing that I can send in with the appeal.

Any suggestions????

Thanks so much!

You are not missing anything, you have coded and billed correctly. Call back and ask if 35474 qualifies as a primary procedure? If they answer yes, they need to update their system to reflect new codes and deleted codes. Good luck.

HTH :confused: