• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Seeking Employment and or Externship for additional experience at Olympia/ Yelm/Lakewood/ Tacoma/ University Place, Washington

Haydee1

Contributor
Best answers
Aloha,
My name is Haydee, I am looking to see if you are accepting any positions for any coding, medical records, or any positions to get myself started in the company. I just relocated to Yelm from Vancouver, Washington a year ago and from Raeford, North Carolina prior to that as my husband is in the military and will be stationed at Joint Base Lewis McChord. Both states I have been residing at were not taking any externs or were 3 hours away- I decided to sign up for the Practicode with AAPC. I completed the Practicode training in April and am able to get the “A” removed, but I would like to get more experience in person and/or work at an entry level.

I have been a Registered Medical Assistant for 17 years- a strong background with both clinical and clerical field, I have not had more experience with just coding alone. I am applying for jobs with different companies, however, I would like to have more experience and confidence to be able to keep applying for medical coding positions. I admit that not being able to get a medical coding position with limited experience has been getting me down, but I am not letting it get the best of me. I am eager to learn, driven, focused on getting the job done. I am not afraid to ask questions or for help, I take criticism well. I strive to be able to work alone without any supervision, a team player, and I have not met a challenge I cannot accomplish or complete. I believe in taking notes, utilizing it, and using my time effectively. I have not had a job where I do not have a binder or note book nearby, or offended when my work is questioned or reviewed.

I have attached my resume. Thank you for your time and will be looking forward to you reply.

Haydee J. Karst, CPC
hepan64@yahoo.com

Attachments