• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Subtalar Arthroereisis

chrislyn1977

Networker
Best answers
Good Morning,
I have a physician who performed a Subtalar Arthroeresis, but there is no CPT code for this procedure. I did find a HCPCS code S2117 and since this patient has commerical insurance I'm going to try using this code instead of an unlisted. I was just curious to know if anyone out there has billed for this procedure before and if so what code did you compare it to in order to come up with a fee. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
Good Morning,
I have a physician who performed a Subtalar Arthroeresis, but there is no CPT code for this procedure. I did find a HCPCS code S2117 and since this patient has commerical insurance I'm going to try using this code instead of an unlisted. I was just curious to know if anyone out there has billed for this procedure before and if so what code did you compare it to in order to come up with a fee. Thanks in advance for your help. :)
I had one last week, I used the fee associated with the subtalar arthrodesis.

tammster

Guru
Best answers
We have only ever had success with S2117, when billing BCBS. Otherwise, we always use the unlisted.

chrislyn1977

Networker
Best answers
Thanks for the feeback everyone. This patient had a commercial insurance other than BCBS so I used the unlisted procedure code. Thanks again.:eek: