• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Supraoccipital RFA

lcole7465

Guru
Best answers
I'm looking at 64633/34 or 64640 for this procedure. I'm thinking it would depend on the approach the provider uses.

Any input would be great

pscanlan

Networker
Best answers
Assuming you mean radiofrequency ablation of the greater occipital nerve and not some vascular procedure, I'd use 64640. The GON is well and truly above the skull, not the spine. 64633/34 might be appropriate for the lesser occipital nerve, but the approach would really have to be right at the base of the skull to count as a C1 facet joint injection.

Last edited: