Tc & 26?

Best answers
How would you bill both intraoperative monitoring technical fee and professional read fee for the following situation.....

95920- Intraoperative Neurophysiology Monitoring- Billable Hours 1.00
95938- Upper and Lower Extremities SSEP
95861- Upper EMG, Units 2
95939- Upper and Lower Extremities TCeMEP
95937- Neuromuscular Junction Test (TO4)
95955- EEG Non-intracranial Surgery

If you need more information in order to answer my question, please let me know.

Thanks!

Best answers
Confused

I really don't have any information on this situation, it was just passed down to me to research. Actually, this is not any type of coding that I am familiar with. So any type of additional information you have would be great.

Thanks!

Best answers
OK, that makes sense. When I reread my original post I can see how my question wasn't clear. In this situation how would you bill a) the technical component and b) the professional component, as in two separate questions.

I guess my true question is, to which codes would the TC and/or 26 modifiers be appended?

Thanks!

jmcpolin

True Blue
Best answers
If you did the procedure and then had another provider do the reading then you would bill the CPT-TC and the other provider would bill the CPT-26. I worked for radiologists for many years and the hospital would bill the technical part of the procedure because they owned the equipment and that is where the x-ray was performed and my Radiologists would bill the CPT with a 26 modifier for the reading.