Wiki TEE anesthesia 93312?

evadnmik

New
Best answers
How do you code the anesthesia for a TEE? Our anesthesiologists have been using 00740 but I'm thinking there is a better code? They only do the IV sedation, the cardiologist performs the TEE. I'm a little confused over some of the information I've been getting. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Last edited:
TEE's

If the Anesthesiologist inserts the TEE probe and does the image interpertation you can use 93312.
If he/she only inserts the TEE probe you can only use 93313.
If you can use 93312, they should dictate a note. Watch for Color Flow Dopple and Pulse Wave. they are 2 add on codes you can use.
Watch for modifiers, if they are using the hospital's equipment use the -26 modifier along with the -59.

This help?

Thank you for your response. The anesthesiologist is only providing the IV sedation for the TEE. She isn't performing any part of the procedure, just the anesthesia. Currently they're using 00740 but it seems like there mighht be a better code. Any ideas? Thanks!

TEE anesthesia

Since the anesthesiologist is only administering anesthesia for a TEE procedure being performed by another physician, the anesthesiologist would code 01922.
LaSeille Willard, CPC

Anes for TEE

Use 01922 when you are giving anesthesia for a cardiac provider to perform the TEE procedures.