Wiki Telehealth TeleMed Virtual Encounters Phone Calls - new guidance on EM Documentation for Telehealth EMs

BeverPrudh

Networker
Best answers
Since we received the updated CMS allowance that opens up Telehealth to all eligible providers, anyone seen documentation recommendation on levels 99214/99215? We have older guidance from 2017 where AHIMA states to use time for these levels and I am trying to validate that as a documentation guidance. Thanks

Since we received the updated CMS allowance that opens up Telehealth to all eligible providers, anyone seen documentation recommendation on levels 99214/99215? We have older guidance from 2017 where AHIMA states to use time for these levels and I am trying to validate that as a documentation guidance. Thanks

You can not use level 4 and 5 codes unless the patient has equipment at home that has to be monitored through the internet.

I have been reading up on this for days, and I did not see restrictions from CMS on telehealth level 4 & 5. What is the reference for this? Even if it is based on time??
You can not use level 4 and 5 codes unless the patient has equipment at home that has to be monitored through the internet.

Why can you not get a 99214 if they have enough documentation? If its an established patient, you only need 2 out of the 3? HPI and MDM. Also does a visual examination count?