• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

TFESI Levels

lcole7465

Guru
Best answers
One of my docs performed a lumbar TFESI at the RT L3 and LT S1. Would this be coded as 64483-RT, 64483-LT or 64483-RT, 64484-LT.

Any input would be great..

Thanks in advance

Best answers
Hi,

Cpt codes: 64479-64484 are unilateral procedures.

64483 - RT (L3)
64484 - LT (S1)

Regards,
Lavanya Mohan

Davieda Skobel

Networker
Best answers
TFESI levels

I agree that 64479 thru 64487 and 64490 thru 64495 are unilateral procedures, and for bilateral procedures most insurances use a 50 modifier. This information can be found in the AMA CPT professional book.I always use my paper books as a back up reference.

If the Dr only documented a TFESI on the right at L3 and a TFESI on the left at S1 your coding would be:
64483 RT (L3)

64484 LT (S1)

Just my opinion you should check your references to be sure.
Good Luck
Davieda Skobel CLPN, CPC
Columbus, Ohio