Wiki The Dreaded CPC Exam

Lovemypets

Best answers
I take the CPC Exam for the second time this Saturday...Any pointers to keep in mind? I have the Ingenix ICD-9-CM...hope this book is okay to use??

Ugh, I'm getting so nervous! :eek:

Unfortunately I don't have any pointers. i'm going to be taking it for the first time on the 20th of this month and I'm TERRIBLY nervous. I've been outta school for 3 years and now I'm jumping back into getting certified. SCARY!

Good luck on your test though. If you've been studying I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

The practice exams are real helpful. I STRESS if you get stuck on a question skip it and go back to it when you get done. The time will go quick. Its alright to skip one and move on just make sure you go back to it. I flaged the page with dog ears so I could easily find it. Good Luck!!!:)

I agree, if you get stuck move on and go back later. Nothing worse than getting to the end of the exam and having questions unanswered because too much time was spent on 1 or 2 questions. Also become framiliar with the sections of the book, it will be easier to find info if you know right where to go.

i agree that the AAPC practice tests helped me the most, they are a true gage of your readiness. we are all different, but I actually took the harder ones first, so when I got to the end, I had easy ones.

Kim V, CPC

you all can do it!

I was going through a nasty divorce and my life was up in the air and I still passed! I studied and took a deep breath and gave it all I could. Just relax on the day of the test and focus on what you read and keep going.

Thanks everyone :)
I felt better this time around with the test. I still struggled a little bit with the time issue, but it was not as bad as the first time. Now, just comes the waiting period of getting the results back...ugh :eek: I'm so nervous!

How long did it take for everyone to get their results back?

Thanks again for the great advice :D