The Sad Hunt as a CPC-A

sinman0531

Networker
Best answers
I had the opposite experience. I worked in health insurance from 2013-2018, and then worked in workers comp from 2018 into early 2019. Ive run the gamut on positions; authorizations, medical reviews, provider services, claims. I got my first “coding” job, which was a hybrid coder, biller, and A/R rep for a small company in September 2019. At the time I interviewed I don’t even think I’d scheduled my exam yet. I passed my exam in October of 2019, left that small company this year and now work strictly as a coder/biller (coders click the button to batch the claim) for a medium sized dermatology practice.

Its truly in how you sell yourself. You have to be confident that the skills you’ve taken from other jobs can transfer, and you have to be able to talk about it in an interview.

I read somewhere, I believe on LinkedIn, about how when women read a job ad, if we don’t meet every qualification we won’t apply, whereas if men see 3-4 things on a list of 20 requirements they will send their resume. Just send in your resume! The worst thing that could happen is they ignore you, but that’s ok because you’re going to keep applying till you get a position you want.

fwnewbie

True Blue
Best answers
Well I'm happy for you but my situation involved a small window of time when my disability would still allow me to work. My times up so I'm done working.
I'm closing my account so won't be around here anymore.

sjooemmy08

Networker
Best answers
I am a cpc-a and can't find anything. I have been a business owner for 20 years and have the work ethic but can't find anyone to take a chance on me.

I wish you all the best. Keep knocking.
I am a CPC-A as well. I got my cert aug, 2020. What I did was send out 100 resumes. answered every. single spam calls.
Then there was an FQHC whose biller just quit and they didn't want to go back to the billing company.
They offered me to work a full-time position as a biller, deducting $2/hr from what I suggested. I compromised and accepted the job.
It's been one full year, they are giving me all benefits such as medical/dental, 401k, and raised $4/hr. They don't want me going away
and are giving me pocket money every once in a while lol.

I am planning to leave for another state and look for a coder job there next year, as my resume has that damn experience.

Keep trying, and be positive!