Wiki Time limit on corrected claims

Talibah

Best answers
Greetings all: I was wondering if anyone had any information on the timely filing limit of corrected claims post payment. We have submitted claims based on the physician's report, but now need to submit a corrected claim. The allowance for the corrected claim will be significantly more than the original payment. Just not sure how far back we can go.

Thanks in advance:confused:

Greetings all: I was wondering if anyone had any information on the timely filing limit of corrected claims post payment. We have submitted claims based on the physician's report, but now need to submit a corrected claim. The allowance for the corrected claim will be significantly more than the original payment. Just not sure how far back we can go.

Thanks in advance:confused:

This will depend on your contract with the insurance company/payer. Each one has their own timely filing limitations, which should be outlined in your contract. So, you'll need to check the contracts or call the insurance company. Medicaid can vary from state to state - for example, ours is now six months in SD.

Hope this helps!

Timely filing

If you have a contract with the payor, timely filing requirements will appear on the contract. If you are a non par provider, you usually have a full year to submit. I've seen this hold true in the states of CO, SD, HI, CA, and FL. Hope this helps.