Wiki Took the CRC and am wondering about a couple questions...

Best answers
There were a couple questions that stick out in my mind that I didn't know the answer to and I'm wondering if anyone here knows.
1. What was the last day you could report ICD-9 codes for risk adjustment purposes? I guessed it was 1/31/16, but I don't know. Any thoughts?
2. What is the approved resource to update and clarify the use of ICD-10? It seems to easy to say CMS transmittal...although that was my answer. Options were also NCCI edits, AHA Coding Clinic (this was my 2nd guess) and Federal Register. I feel 75% confident it is CMS...but 25% thinks maybe it is AHA. ???

Thanks!

There were a couple questions that stick out in my mind that I didn't know the answer to and I'm wondering if anyone here knows.
1. What was the last day you could report ICD-9 codes for risk adjustment purposes? I guessed it was 1/31/16, but I don't know. Any thoughts?
2. What is the approved resource to update and clarify the use of ICD-10? It seems to easy to say CMS transmittal...although that was my answer. Options were also NCCI edits, AHA Coding Clinic (this was my 2nd guess) and Federal Register. I feel 75% confident it is CMS...but 25% thinks maybe it is AHA. ???

Thanks!

1) I dont know for sure. I would have guessed the submission period where DOS 1/1/15 - 9/30/15 was included as ICD-10 became effective 10/1/15

2) Coding Clinic is the definitive source for clarification on DX reporting.

delete

You should delete this thread right away.

You have posted questions and answers that were included on an exam and that is a prohibited action. We are not to share exam questions.