• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Triscuspid Valve issue

dzanoni

Best answers
I need help coding the "removal of vegetation" from the Triscuspid Valve. They did a debridement of the vegetation and VSD closure. They were scraped off the anterior leaflet and the septal leaflets. I have had no success in coding this. Anybody have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate the help.
:confused:

any kind of help? I'm desperate. Should I use the 33999 unlisted cardiac code, or just leave it as incidental to the VSD? The patient was taking antibiotics to try and clear it up...

Last edited:

MLS2

Best answers
was the removal of vegetation an "incidental" thing that they did since they were in doing the VSD closure?

dzanoni

Best answers
The patient was in the hospital for an infection caused by the vegetation, but I assume that when they did the VSD, they went ahead and removed the vegetation since the antibiotics weren't clearing it up. So, yes, I guess you could say it was incidental

MLS2

Best answers
In that case, I would probably just code the VSD closure unless you can verify that the vegetation removal was not incidental. If it was not incidental for some reason, unlisted is probably your best bet.