• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

two office visits on the same dos

aclinton

Contributor
Best answers
I am in urgent care. We had a patient come in complaining of sinus pressure and a sore throat and was dx'd with URI. The patient comes back in 4 hours later complaining of rectal bleeding and was dx'd with internal hemorrhoids. How do I bill for both e/m charges?

ARCPC9491

True Blue
Best answers
some people will tell you to combine the two e/m's together and bill for one.

others will tell you to bill for both, but you will have to appeal it and fight for payment for both e/m's

there is no right or wrong way to do it - the best answer will come from your payor!

aclinton

Contributor
Best answers
Thank you for your input. I felt like that was how we would have to deal with the situation but I just wanted to make for sure!