Wiki UCR (Usual, Customary and Reasonable Charges) data discussion for doctor's office

DeBillingTater

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of revamping some of the billing and was in need of some UCR data. We're trying to stay reasonable in cost while still being price competitive with other clinics.

Would anyone point me in a direction of where your office gets data so that I may review and get the best possible data for our practice? We have used Context Healthcare in the past but I was wondering if there were any other comparable companies or data sets that are readily available? Medicare along with UCR fees would be most welcome as a lot of the costs we do base off of the Medicare set rates. Google searches only do so much but I would like to hear from people who have used other services and to hear your experience with the data. Please post your responses below!

Thanks!

Sincerely,
DF

Wondering what product/resources you ending up using. I am also researching this exact topic. I would like to benchmark nationally by specialty for both professionals and ASCs. Current idea is to use 400% of local MC participating provider fee schedule.