Question Unhappy physician

Alfaro33

Networker
Best answers
Has anyone ever experienced intimidation from a physician that was not happy with their audit findings? Such as “fix this or you’ll find yourself without a job”.

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
Depending on the situation you may need to obtain other employment. Our company brought in an outside auditing company. The audit showed that the E/M levels that the providers were choosing were incorrect frequently. That's when the providers started to pay attention to the coders. The providers need to know that the documentation must back up the codes submitted or there could be legal consequences. Good luck.

haraml7

Guru
Best answers
Has anyone ever experienced intimidation from a physician that was not happy with their audit findings? Such as “fix this or you’ll find yourself without a job”.
Did the provider hire you to audit their records? There also is places that you can go for support in this matter if this is something that you whole heartly know is not correct and your job is at stake. I would first look at my job description and see exactly what my job title is, and then express to the physician that there could be ramifications for these errors. You can DM me if you would like.

Alfaro33

Networker
Best answers
Thank you all!
Thankfully he does not have the power to fire me. I reported this to our Compliance department and HR considering the context of the conversation felt more like submit my charges fraudulently because I've always done it this way and never had a problem (I haven't been caught) or loose your job.