Wiki What about prescription dosage for ibuprofen? or NSAID high dose prescription dosage only? low or moderate? Rx or OTC?

wynonna

True Blue
Best answers
1--If and RX is given, but picked up OTC, is this low or moderate risk?
2--If a medicine can be both OTC and RX, is it low or moderate risk? ie what is the best way to find out if a medicine is over the counter (low risk) or Rx only (moderate risk)?
3--Continue Flonase spray, 0.05 mg/inh, 2 sprays in each nostril intranasally, QD, 30 days, 1 bottle, Refills 3. Is this moderate Risk/RX management? Is continuing or refilling low risk, or moderate?
4--When I see the word "Refills" can I automatically assume RX management/moderate level of risk?

What I told my providers is if the meds could and is available OTC, then it is not a Moderate risk. And on the refills, as an auditor , I would like to see something along the lines or mention that " no changes on current meds etc., or prescription X is working and will continue . To me, that is prescription management.

What about prescription dosage for ibuprofen? or NSAID high dose prescription dosage only?

Attachments

• 1624566307601.gif
    1624566307601.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 5
Hi there, for office visits it is going to depend on the patient and the treating physician/QHP's judgement, so an OTC could be moderate or even high risk. That's one reason they took OTC drugs out of the list of examples.

During the AMA's CPT/RBRVS symposium last year Barbara Levy, MD, (who helped create the new guidelines) gave the example of ibuprofen. She said for an otherwise healthy patient, it could be low risk. For a patient with chronic renal failure or on anti-coagulants, it could be high risk.