Wiki What is your fee for 0291T, 0292T - Intravascular optical coherence tomography (coron

Best answers
Hello,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help my on this temporary code, 0291T/0292T(each additional vessel). Is anyone billing this code, 0291T and if so can you please share your fee amount? Or what code would you feel would be a somewhat comparable to this code, 76000? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Code Descriptions:
0291T -- Intravascular optical coherence tomography (coronary native vessel or graft) during diagnostic evaluation and/or therapeutic intervention, including imaging supervision, interpretation, and report; initial vessel (List separately in addition to primary procedure)

Lay Description (Code) --
Intravascular optical coherence tomography (OCT) provides microscopic identification of the composition of the plaque (i.e., fibrous, lipid-rich, calcified, etc.) involved in atherosclerosis of a coronary artery or coronary artery bypass graft (CABG). This procedure is performed in addition to other diagnostic or therapeutic cardiac catheterization procedures. The physician makes a small incision in the arm or leg. Two catheters are placed. A central venous catheter is inserted through the femoral or brachial artery and a second catheter with a balloon tip is threaded up to the heart and to the plaque lesion in the artery or graft. The physician inflates the balloon at the tip of the second catheter proximal to the lesion to stop the flow of blood briefly. The fiberoptic imaging probe is inserted and the images are captured. The balloon is deflated and the catheters are removed. Pressure is placed over the incision for 20 to 30 minutes to stop bleeding. Report 0291T for the initial vessel. Report 0292T for each additional vessel.