• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

what medical claim form to use for Freestanding Outpatient Facility

coder80

Contributor
Best answers
I bill for an outpatient treatment facility where we provide chiro / physical therapy. Is there a place i can get confirmation that claims should be billed on an UB04 or 1500CMS? Thank you

drakena74

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I bill for an outpatient treatment facility where we provide chiro / physical therapy. Is there a place i can get confirmation that claims should be billed on an UB04 or 1500CMS? Thank you

It Depends on the Carrier. I work for an ASC and for Medicare and some Workers Comp. we bill on CMS-1500; for Most private and commercial payers we bill on UB-04. This is for Facility only.

If your billing for professional fees then CMS-1500 for all carriers. Facility fees UB-04 or CMS-1500.