Question What to expect prior to taking CPC online?

Best answers
Hello everyone,
I am new to the AAPC Forum Community and will be taking my CPC Exam next month. I originally was going to take the in-person exam but decided to take it online. I am a terrible timed-test taker and feel that online would lessen that anxiety that I won't finish on time. I have decided to officially take the plunge and do it online. I completed the questionnaire via an email I received that basically said, click here if you are ready to change to online. For those that already took the online exam, can someone tell me what to expect from this point? I currently have not scheduled my voucher yet ( 2 total ), I think they are supposed to send me a link to the Examity site where I will schedule the exam and set up a profile. Does anyone remember how long it took to get the link to the Examity site? And did the proctor check your books via webcam and how long did that take?

greenrc1

New
Best answers
Hi! I received my login to AAPC Blackboard immediately after I purchased the exam and received the Examity link the next day. I scheduled both parts of my exam on the same day with a one hour break in between. The best advice I can give is to say, prepare your testing space the day before. Make sure you read the rules regarding the workspace thoroughly. If you can use a plugged in internet access instead of wifi then I recommend that as well to prevent connection issues. Yes, the proctor will check all of your books individually, a form of identification, your deskspace, whiteboard and an one initial scan of the room you're testing in. The proctor will need to see your hands, keyboard, screen and face while you also share your screen. I had a delay due to my webcam wasn't positioned properly so be sure to log in early as well. I was nervous about running out of time as well but I tried not to spend more than 2 minutes on each question. A timer and the number of questions you have left will be displayed throughout the exam. Remember not spend too much time on one question. My results were available the next day.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions feel free to reach out. I know you will do well. Good luck!

Rosh

greenrc1

New
Best answers
Hello everyone,
I am new to the AAPC Forum Community and will be taking my CPC Exam next month. I originally was going to take the in-person exam but decided to take it online. I am a terrible timed-test taker and feel that online would lessen that anxiety that I won't finish on time. I have decided to officially take the plunge and do it online. I completed the questionnaire via an email I received that basically said, click here if you are ready to change to online. For those that already took the online exam, can someone tell me what to expect from this point? I currently have not scheduled my voucher yet ( 2 total ), I think they are supposed to send me a link to the Examity site where I will schedule the exam and set up a profile. Does anyone remember how long it took to get the link to the Examity site? And did the proctor check your books via webcam and how long did that take?
See my response above... Wanted to make sure you received it. I didn't hit reply before.

Best answers
Hi! I received my login to AAPC Blackboard immediately after I purchased the exam and received the Examity link the next day. I scheduled both parts of my exam on the same day with a one hour break in between. The best advice I can give is to say, prepare your testing space the day before. Make sure you read the rules regarding the workspace thoroughly. If you can use a plugged in internet access instead of wifi then I recommend that as well to prevent connection issues. Yes, the proctor will check all of your books individually, a form of identification, your deskspace, whiteboard and an one initial scan of the room you're testing in. The proctor will need to see your hands, keyboard, screen and face while you also share your screen. I had a delay due to my webcam wasn't positioned properly so be sure to log in early as well. I was nervous about running out of time as well but I tried not to spend more than 2 minutes on each question. A timer and the number of questions you have left will be displayed throughout the exam. Remember not spend too much time on one question. My results were available the next day.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions feel free to reach out. I know you will do well. Good luck!

Rosh
Thank you Rosh. You gave a lot of great info. My situation may be a bit different. I already had Blackboard and 2 exam vouchers ready to be used because I purchased the exam review packages months ago. However, I'm not sure why I have not received the Examity Link yet, after I finished the questionnaire I received last Thursday, that AAPC sent me. In the letter, it had a link that says, "Switch to Online Exam." It was an online checklist to ensure I had what I needed to take the test online and to confirm that I wanted to change my voucher from in-person to online. I think I will have to get a hold of someone at AAPC directly to verify when I will get the Examity link. I was hoping to get it sooner than this. It makes me think I didn't do it right or something.

Best answers
I have signed up for both parts of the online CPC test. My problem is that I need to change the dates and cannot figure out how to get back into Examity. Under exams I have tried clicking on part 1 and it takes me to reschedule. That is prompting me to put in a password. I thought it would take me start to Examity sign to change dates? Am I doing something wrong?

dbardales

Contributor
Best answers
I have signed up for both parts of the online CPC test. My problem is that I need to change the dates and cannot figure out how to get back into Examity. Under exams I have tried clicking on part 1 and it takes me to reschedule. That is prompting me to put in a password. I thought it would take me start to Examity sign to change dates? Am I doing something wrong?
Hi I have the same issue can someone help please i have the exam next week

Best answers
If you click on Part 1 or Part 2 while in Blackboard it may open the actual exam. You don't want to do that. Only the proctor can enter the password once you start the exam. In blackboard, after you click on CPC Exam, in the left column, you will see the Examity Link. In addition, they also provide links on how to use Examity's options including how to change your exam date.

Clynn423

New
Best answers
Hi all,
I recently took the CPC exam online and ran into a situation on the 2nd part where the proctor advised me that my video was dark, I was down to the wire and he reset me in zoom but the clock ran out, I called AAPC to have the exam reset but havent heard back yet. Anyone else had this issue? When I checked my exam score, the 2nd exam showed that it was cancelled. I am very nervous as I dont want to have to pay again for the whole thing :(
Thanks for the input!
Lynn