Wiki Who to bill for an U/S for an OB patient that was in a car accident?

mistygirl

Contributor
Best answers
We have an OB patient that was involved in a fender bender and had some concerns so she came in for an U/S to make sure the baby was okay.
Do we bill the motor vehicle insurance or the medical? Past positions I would bill the auto insurance to get the PIP letter then bill the medical with the letter, not sure if anything has changed. Thank you,

We have an OB patient that was involved in a fender bender and had some concerns so she came in for an U/S to make sure the baby was okay.
Do we bill the motor vehicle insurance or the medical? Past positions I would bill the auto insurance to get the PIP letter then bill the medical with the letter, not sure if anything has changed. Thank you,
The patient should have already contacted her insurance company to find out what is covered by them or perhaps the other driver's insurance. It is really not your job to figure out who will pay and if the patient has not done so, bill the patient directly and let her get reimbursed. When I had my fender bender while I was pregnant, the insurance company of the driver that hit me could not do enough to be sure I was well taken care of and all my bills where paid directly by them.